Showing all 2 results
Consultation on your Strategy for Developing, Funding, Pitching, Producing and Distributing your Documentary, Special or Series, or Online Content Project
For 30+ years, I have advised both leading and emerging producers, networks, foundations, investors, law firms and governments on their strategies for making the greatest impact with their documentary and unscripted projects.
In this initial one-hour phone consultation, review of your proposals, and follow up call, I will:
- Analyze the strengths & weaknesses of your concept/s.
- Define strategic options for funding and distributing.
- Highlight the potential buyers, including networks, VOD platforms and international buyers.
- Describe their key terms, including what they pay.
- Recommend key resources, such as for production management / budgeting, legal and social media.
- And provide an overall assessment of your project/s with recommended Next Steps.
Evaluate Your Documentary, Television Special or Series
For a project that is in the early stages of development or a completed work, I will:
- Assemble a highly-qualified development team
- Closely review the development process including pitch materials to ensure that they anticipate the market trends
- Review your completed development materials such as trailer, key art, etc.
- Outline the strategic distribution options for your project.
- Evaluate potential distributors for U.S. and international television, SVOD services like Amazon Video and Netflix, as well as Education platforms.
- Outline typical deal terms, revenue potential, and related costs.
- Discuss benefits / options for your attendance at a major market.
- Provide an assessment of your project/s.
- Recommended Next Steps.
- For market-ready projects, arrange introductions to potential distribution partners worldwide.
The work involves 2-3 hours of phone consults plus my offline review of your concept, pitch materials or completed program. The initial evaluation is followed by my close engagement over one month on the development process and the resulting pitch strategy and deliverables.