Your ‘GPS’ for navigating the Netflix programming landscape… and getting a deal!
My unique and updated Netflix 2024 report is an invaluable guide to Netflix’s documentary programming landscape.
It lists the key documentary decision-makers and how to reach them.
My guide expands the limited information Netflix provides to the documentary community regarding its strategy, programming sweet spots, preferred producers, and audience.
New Online Database: Finding the Bullseye
The core of the report is my searchable database of 900+ documentary originals & acquisitions, with 500 projects added in 2021-2024.
- The database covers documentary features, series, specials and Reality / Lifestyle shows
- Each entry lists the credited director, producers, key talent and production company.
- The database is a record of the A-Listers who are among Netflix’s preferred producers.
- These contact names are invaluable for producers who lack access to Netflix and who need to ‘team up’ with established producers to get their project developed and pitched.
- You’ll also find the Netflix documentary team members credited for working on projects.
Are you on the Right Track?
- The database helps you understand if your project is ‘in the ballpark.’ Or not!
- Has Netflix covered your passion project? Or is there a gap?
- Discover the genres & topics that are in the Netflix sweet spot.
- Watch the trailers to get a handle on the editorial tones that Netflix values.
- Posters reveal the promotional hooks that matter!
Netflix Executives: Who to pitch?
- The How-to guide lists more than 50+ Netflix executives who are responsible for Originals, acquisitions and series.
- This rapidly expanding team is located in LA, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Mexico.
- The Netflix email address format is your guide to reaching specific programming execs.
The Economics of Subscription Video
- The guide includes my detailed analysis and projections for the SVOD sector, with compelling charts.
- The information will be invaluable as you develop your strategy and approach investors and funders.
- Also included are snapshot analyses of Netflix audience impacts in U.S., UK, Australia, France and Germany.
Netflix’s Innovation Strategy
- A senior executive presentation describes how Netflix’s constant tweaks to the subscriber’s interface drives programming decisions.
- Continuous testing is core to the Netflix culture.
- You must understand Netflix’s operational mindset to shape your pitches and to develop your relationship with the company and its preferred producers.
NETFLIX 2024: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW NOW! is an invaluable resource that fills the gap about Netflix, its strategy and programming decisions, preferred producers, and business model.
Key contact information will link you to Netflix documentary decision-makers.
What they are saying about the Study
“As doc filmmakers, it’s incumbent on us to do our homework and be as current as possible. That’s why we’re so fortunate to have Peter Hamilton, a veteran documentary business consultant who has written the ultimate guide to Netflix.” Doug Block, co-founder of D-Word, the leading documentary community
“Incredible that you obtained such a useful inside read on such an opaque company & submission process.” Jonathan Dann, Jon Dann Communications, and winner of 3 Peabody awards